Well, last day of July (umm, where did THAT month go!?!) I can tell you this… I’ve had a LOT going on… hopefully all the work…stress…sweat..and tears pay off, and I’ll be dancing on cloud 9…or maybe just the APU dance floor… this coming weekend… we’ll see I guess! Through it all, a girl’s gotta eat… gotta keep truckin’ on… and in prepping for our Annual Shin-dig up at the Lake *APU*, in true SUPER HERO Style, I’ve recreated the perfect SIDE KICK to any summer BBQ be it Steak, Fish, Lobster.. or whatever.. I won’t judge! Garlic & Cheddar Biscuits – just like that famous restaurant chain (Red Lobster) serves up as a great, YUMMY sidekick to their meals…
These are quick and easy, have a crunchy crust with a soft, melt in your mouth inside that make up a perfect biscuit! Why not kick it up a notch and use Tex-Mex cheese… or Mozzarella?! Whatever cheese you use, I’m betting you’ll love em’!
Garlic & Cheddar Biscuits (Red Lobster Style)
· 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
· 1 cup Cheddar cheese; finely grated
· 3/4 cup milk
· 2 tablespoons Butter
· 1 tsp teaspoon Garlic powder
· 1/4 cup Butter
· 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley flakes
· Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick with cheddar cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons of butter that has been melted in the microwave, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Drop approximately 1/4-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Brush this mixture over the tops of each unbaked biscuit.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown. Serve warm
Being that it’s only 3 more sleeps to our annual APU, the theme is set… the invites are out… this last year was a lil’ Redneck Luau.. I can’t wait to see our close friends and family all spending a fun… LONG WEEKEND together… this year promises to be the best one yet!!
SO… for those that are reading this and are making the trek up... here’s a sneak peek at the weekend to come…
SUPER HERO’S UNITE!!