SO, needless to say, after a long weekend, what I definitely needed was a good - homemade - comfort food craver buster. Something that was easy enough to make before the well needed Zumba class (still feeling the nachos and weekend shenanigans) but filling enough to satisfy...... hmmmm this would be perfect after a long day out on the sleds this winter! :)
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 container of chicken broth (about 2-3 cups)
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced (I used a store bought roasted chicken)
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked. (I used the mini ones, if using full size, cut in each in half)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Add the flour and make a roux. Let the butter/flour mixture cook for an additional minute before adding the half and half. Stirring frequently.
- Cook the Gnocchi according to package directions
- Into the Soup, mix in the carrots and chicken. Stir well.
- When mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth, continuing to mix well.
- Once the soup thickens up again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, parsley and salt. Summer until the soup is heated through.