But of course... long active days, means building up quite the appetite at night. These rollups are sure to do just the trick... especially when you don't have the strength to do much more than pour yourself a nice glass of wine and get ready to do it all again the next day! :)
Chicken Parmesan Rollups
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or 4 chicken cutlets bought at grocery store)
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs (panko crumbs work well too)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 475F- (if using chicken cutlets, skip this step) Take each chicken breast and carefully fillet the breast in half
- Place in a large freezer bag, and seal. Using a mallet or hammer... carefully flatten the fillets until they are roughly 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly spray a 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray (helps with clean up!), and spread half of the pasta sauce into bottom of pan
- In a small bowl, mix mozzarella cheese, basil and Parmesan cheese well
- On a cutting board, lay out each chicken fillet, and place a generous spoonful of the cheese filling onto the wider end of the chicken fillet, reserving at least a half cup of cheese mixture for the topping. (there will probably be more... which is perfect!)
- Carefully roll up the chicken fillet, starting from the wider end
- Place roll in the sauced baking dish, repeat with remaining chicken fillets
- Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over the chicken rollups
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture over top of the sauced rollups
- Mix cornflake crumbs with the oil, and sprinkle on top of the cheese
- Bake in the oven until the crumbs are golden on top, and the chicken is fully cooked (registers 160 degrees), about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, serve with a fresh garden salad, garlic bread... you choose!! Enjoy!
.....me.... Think I'll go back outside... sit around the fire... and dream of the next epic day out on the sleds!