Friday, June 29, 2012

Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings and just in case you didn’t know… I. AM. A. CANADIAN. CHICK.

Since this is the first long weekend of Summer 2012....I just had to slip in a quickie...   July 1st – Canada Day.  Happy Birthday Canada! Being a Canadian Chick myself… I will be celebrating like a true RED-n-WHITE fan…  Up at the cabin, surrounded by close friends, enjoying some of what our beautiful country has to offer.  Good Beer. Fresh Mountain Air. Camp Fires.  ….but even more important – Good Friends.  Ooo and food…  can’t forget Good FOOD.. (need to make sure there’s something in there to absorb all that Good CANADIAN beer)…. Haha.  I present – Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings… BAKED, not fried. Definitely got a bit of a kick… and I promise, though they may not be of the fried restaurant variety – these puppies go fantastic with those  Canadian Wobbly Pops.
Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings

These are great for those Summer Backyard Parties, perfect for game night…. okay any night really…. Adjust the amount of Chipotle Peppers to your taste… my spice tolerance is moderate at best…and I used a full can…mouth had a tingle.. but it was manageable…and friggin’ YUM
Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings
·         1 can of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
·         ½ cup water plus 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, mixed together
·         4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
·         ½ cup honey
·         1 Tsp sea salt
·         Package of uncooked /split chicken wings
Marinade/sauce:
- Put first 4 items in a blender
- Blend until peppers are fully pureed and sauce is smooth.  Taste – add sea salt to personal taste. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, place raw chicken wings, and pour sauce over wings, mixing until well coated.  Leave a little sauce on the side for a side dip for the cooked wings later.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.  (overnight works as well.. but be prepared..the flavours increase the longer they marinade… spicy!)
- While the wings are marinating, I cut up raw veggies to serve em’ with… YUM YUM.

- Preheat oven to 375F, lightly grease baking sheet, and lay wings on baking sheet – flat.  (I line mine with aluminum foil for easier clean up as well) Discard any leftover sauce from the bowl that had the raw chicken wings in.
- Bake at 375F turning wings over half way, for about 25-30mins, or until fully cooked to your liking.
- Serve with raw veggies and dip, along with the reserved Chipotle Lime Sauce for your wings…   YUM YUM


Whatever you get up to this weekend.. LONG WEEKEND if you’re in Canada… ENJOY!  For myself… I know I will be taking an moment to stop.. look around.. breathe…and be thankful for those around me.. Those that support me.  Stand by me. Love me.  As without you, I’d have nothing.
xxooxxoo
…in closing.. some now “famous “ words (and OH SO TRUE) by the fabulous people at Molson Canadian
Hey. I’m not a lumberjack, or a fur trader… and I don’t live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled… and I don’t know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I’m certain they’re really, really nice.
I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, NOT American. and I pronounce it ABOUT, NOT A BOOT.
I can proudly sew my country’s flag on my backpack. I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing. DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation, AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL. A TOQUE IS A HAT, A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH, AND IT IS PRONOUNCED ‘ZED’ NOT ‘ZEE’, ‘ZED’! CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS! THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY! AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!
MY NAME IS JOE! AND I AM CANADIAN!
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment